Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fraser's Thimble Farms



 This rare and native plant nursery is well worth the drive to the northern end of Salt Spring Island. Lots of lovely and impressive stock for plant geeks of all kinds, well organized (all of the North American natives were marked with yellow posts),  not to mention they do mail order bulbs in the fall. What more could you ask for?


Trillium ovatum

Arisaema sikokianum

Always a sucker for hardy orchids; Pleione tolima

Fields of Anemones I want to swim in...

A double flowering almond


This is what I picked up:
Rosa gymnocarpa
Iris setosa 'nana'
Delphinium nutallii
 Brodiaea californica
Dodecatheon pulchellum 'sooke'

Just a few north western natives, more than I have room for in my tiny garden, but I'll make space! For the love of plants, right?





No comments:

Post a Comment